Over the last few months, I’ve certainly basked in the joy of being a new Dad. Each day brings something new – it’s an amazing adventure. I love it. However, being a parent of a 15 month old take up a lot of time, effort, and energy – not to mention has required us to reconfigure our budget to manage everything. With that in mind, I’ve taken a long look at everything that I had been spending my time and money on – this includes my collection of baseball cards, authentic game used items, and other sports memorabilia. I’ve derived years of joy and thrills from finding and acquiring my collection, going back to my elementary school days. The last few years, prior to getting married and having a child allowed me to indulge in my childhood dreams of building an awesome collection.
Yet, with my wife and son, the personal importance of this collection has lessened a bit. I think now is the perfect time to streamline what I collect, and simplify to just a few of my favorite items and athletes. I’ve decided to continue my quest of acquiring autographs of as many Dodgers as possible, as time allows and as long as the collection doesn’t take time away from my son. I also will stick with memorabilia from only a few key players, including Andre Ethier and Clayton Kershaw. This also means that I’ll be looking to sell most of the remaining memorabilia and will list many of the items here on this blog and on eBay. I figure these items need to be in the hands of collectors and fans who will continue to appreciate them.
Some items that will be up for sale:
– Russell Martin’s 2006 Las Vegas 51s AAA game worn jersey
– Russell Martin’s 2008 Dodgers Home Game Worn Jersey, with 50th Anniversary commemorative patch
– Line-up card from May 5th, 2006 – the Major League debut of Russell Martin, with MLB Authentication
– Jonathan Broxton’s 2003 South Georgia Waves Game Worn and autographed Jersey, with team authentication
– James Loney’s 2006 Dodgers Road Game Worn and autographed Jersey, from his rookie year, with the number #27
– and many other items…
If you are interested in any of these items (to be posted over the next few days and weeks), please contact me. I certainly open to negotiation for a fair transaction for both parties.
This is the only top prospect I’m interested in these days.